RENEW THE SKIN YOU’RE IN……..
EXFOLIATE YOUR BODY WITH A DRY BODY BRUSH THAT HELPS LOOSEN DEAD SKIN CELLS, WHILE FEELING STIMULATED AND INVIGORATED:
- Start at the feet and move upwards, toward the heart
- Stop at the breast area and dry brush arms in a soft gentle circular motion going upward toward the shoulders
- To exfoliate the decollete/neck use a smaller face brush (BE VERY GENTLE)
- Shower/bathe to wash away the loosened material
- Follow with a hydrating oil or body lotion….OOH LA LA, SOFT AS SILK!!
BATH SALTS ARE ANOTHER GREAT WAY TO MANUAL EXFOLIATE THE BODY, ESPECIALLY THE FEET:
- Sanitize feet with antimicrobial hand wipes
- In foot bath add 3-4 drops of peppermint (invigorating) or lavender (relaxing) essential oil *ALTERNATIVE: Lavender Epsom Salts*
- Remove your feet and place one scoop of dead sea salt mixture (1/2 cup of grapeseed oil & one cup of dead sea salts) into a bowl and massage mixture into feet & calves in an upward motion for 3-5 minutes
- Place feet back into tub and soak for 5 minutes
- Remove and dry feet
- Massage feet with moisturizing foot cream, wrap legs and feet with warm wet towel….HELLO STILETTOS!
REMOVE THE WINTER BLUES BY SHEDDING SOME SKIN; DUE TO THE COLDER CLIMATE, YOUR FACE REQUIRES A GENTLE FORM OF EXFOLIATION:
- Cleanse your skin with a creamy cleanser or oil cleanser to remove all traces of makeup
- Do a second cleanse to actual clean your skin
- Apply an enzyme mask (pineapple or papaya) all over face avoiding eye/lip area and leave on for 5-10 minutes *ALTERNATIVE: Oats (sensitive skin) or creamy cleanser mix w/baking soda (combo/oily skin)*
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Apply cucumber toner for dry/sensitive skin or witch hazel toner for normal to oily skin
- Apply and press a hydrating moisturizer into skin; add sunscreen spf 30 or higher for day or rejuvenating moisturizer for night….GLOW GIRL!!
erikka AND THE GRACEFACE NETWORK TEAM
**EXCERPTS FROM SKIN INC.MAGAZINE**